Career Training Programs
Child Care Provider
Blackstone’s Child Care Provider Career Training Program teaches you how to tend to the safety, health, and well being of infants, toddlers, and school-age children. Child care providers design and implement learning activities that develop a child’s physical, cognitive, social, and emotional abilities. Graduates of Blackstone’s Child Care Provider program may qualify for employment in a variety of settings, including child care centers, schools, and even your own home.
- Prerequisite: High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Study Method: Textbooks with online study guides and exams
- Program Length: Completion time ranges from 4-12 months, with students given the option of up to 18 months if needed. Students must satisfy all academic and financial obligations to graduate from their program.
After completing the Child Care Provider Career Training Program, students will be able to:
- Identify common learning strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of guidelines for grammar, punctuation, and written correspondence
- Identify the parts of a computer and explain how technology is used in the office
- Improve basic keyboarding speed and accuracy
- Describe the developmental milestones of infants and children
- Create a safe and healthful environment for infants and children
- Create a variety of learning experiences for children using all of the senses
- Work with parents and other community resources to plan engaging curriculum
- Guide children through daily routines
- Develop effective oral communication skills
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Improve time mastery and productivity skills
- Plan for the start-up and maintenance of a home-based day-care business
- Explain principles of effective management
- Describe the process for writing effective resumes and cover-letters
- Describe how to proactively search for work as a child day care worker
Why Become a Child Care Provider?
As the number of dual-income households rises, alongside an increased emphasis on the importance of early childhood education programs, the opportunity to work in child care careers will continue to grow. Both younger and school-age children need quality child care while their parents work or attend school, and the educational and socialization benefits of child care are well documented.
Those working in child care careers can utilize their skills in three main settings—as private household workers, like nannies or au pairs, who provide care in a child’s home; family child care providers, who provide care in their own homes; and child care workers who are employed at child care centers, including preschools and Head Start programs. Opportunities exist for home employment as a family child care provider.
Employment Outlook for Child Care Careers
The demand for child care workers continues to grow; employment in this field is expected to rise by 20% between 2010 and 2020 (U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, 2012-2013 Occupational Outlook Handbook). Job seekers who are qualified through education and training should have little trouble finding employment.
What You Can Earn Working in Child Care Careers
Many factors are considered when calculating salary for child care careers such as location, type of facility, ages of the children, job title, education level and years of experience. According to the U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the middle 50 percent of child care workers earn up to $23,504 (or $11.30 per hour).
The Child Care Provider Career Training Program is comprised of a comprehensive curriculum that covers a broad range of practical career skills. Each lesson includes challenging practice exercises to help reinforce new concepts. Students will learn how to:
- Conduct art activities
- Use dramatic play
- Deal with common illnesses and injuries
- Develop a meaningful curriculum
- Recognize different stages of development
- Manage various types of behavior
- Create a safe environment
Complete our child care career course training online – anytime, anywhere. Blackstone will provide you with the following tools for success:
- Comprehensive textbook and study guide materials
- 24/7 access to Blackstone’s Online Student Center
- Dedicated academic and customer support
- Develop a meaningful curriculum
- Additional online content and resources via Blackstone’s social media
*All Materials included in tuition price.*
Blackstone Career Institute makes it easy for you to receive a quality education at an affordable cost. Choose the payment plan that best fits your needs and get started today!
Available Payment Plans
All tuition plans are interest FREE! Choose affordable education on your terms. Speak with an Admissions Advisor at 1-800-826-9228 or enroll online now.