Blackstone Career Institute
1011 Brookside Rd, Suite 300, Allentown, PA 18106
Year Founded: 1890
First Accredited: January 2005
–DEAC: January 2025
–MSA: May 2025
CEO/President: Kevin McCloskey
Blackstone Student Satisfaction Survey Outcomes
At Blackstone Career Institute we look forward to hearing from our graduates. It is very rewarding to learn that a high percentage of our students are completely satisfied with the studies they received and that they would recommend our programs to a friend. These survey results confirm that our graduates are achieving their goals, whether it’s to prepare for new career options, career advancement, or personal satisfaction. Blackstone offers an array of distance learning courses for you to choose from.
Recent Grads on their Blackstone Education
“I would recommend this program to a friend.”
“I have achieved my learning goals.”
“I am completely satisfied with the studies I received.”
Source: Survey of Blackstone Career Institute Program Graduates
Accreditation(s) and Agency Contact Information
Blackstone Career Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), Washington, D.C. This commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Questions about the Distance Education Accrediting Commission may be directed to Blackstone or to DEAC (1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, D.C. 20036, Telephone: (202) 234-5100, Fax: (202) 332-1386).
Blackstone Career Institute is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools. Questions about Middle States may be directed to Blackstone or to MSA (3624 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680, Telephone: (215) 662-5603, Fax: (215) 662-0957).
State Approval and Contact Information
Blackstone Career Institute is a private licensed school regulated by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools. For questions or more information please contact Blackstone or Pennsylvania Department of Education (State Board of Private Licensed Schools, 607 South Drive, Floor 3E, Harrisburg, PA 17120, Telephone: (717) 783-8228, Fax: (717) 772-3622).
Out of State Required Information
Blackstone Career Institute is licensed and physically located in Pennsylvania and is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
Participation in Funding Programs
Blackstone Career Institute Mission and Description
Blackstone Career Institute is committed to providing quality, relevant and affordable distance education programs that focus on the knowledge and skills needed for entry level careers, professional development or personal goals.
Description of Institution
Our objective is to provide high-quality distance education and training to individuals seeking entry-level training, para-professionals seeking continuing education, and adults seeking to enrich their lives. We provide students with the technology-driven training they need to improve their prospects for meaningful employment or advancement in their current career, all as a part of lifelong learning. Year after year, we seek to improve our overall student completion rates.
The Goals of Blackstone Career Institute are:
- to provide quality distance education to students seeking to prepare themselves for a career in their chosen field as a paralegal, pharmacy technician, veterinary assistant, allied health professional, or to achieve personal goals
- to provide comprehensive lesson materials which are both applicable and up-to-date with regard to today’s industry standards
- to assist students in realizing their career and/or personal goals throughout their educational training by encouraging ongoing professional development and lifelong learning
The mission and goals of Blackstone Career Institute are accomplished by successfully achieving the following objectives:
- to provide high-quality distance education and training to individuals seeking entry-level training, para-professionals seeking continuing education, and adults looking to achieve their personal goals
- to foster a positive, supportive learning environment that motivates students to learn and accomplish educational goals through providing exceptional student support services
- to prepare graduates for an entry level position in their chosen field through a technology-driven curriculum that incorporates practical application of learned skills
- to supply a curriculum that prepares students to sit for a certification exam when applicable to the program of study
- to continually revise, update, and/or add new courses of study when appropriate, offering the most current information to meet industry standards
- to evaluate its mission and measure its institutional effectiveness through the continual monitoring of students’ academic progress, satisfaction, and graduate outcomes
Because licensing and certification requirements differ from state to state, it is important to check with the state licensing board or similar regulatory body in the state you plan to work to determine the requirements. Prospective students should review regulatory information and professional licensing requirements. Simply click here to learn more on state licensing/regulatory boards and specific industry licensing information.