What Makes Allied Health a Good Career Choice?
Blackstone Career Institute offers in-demand, popular and relevant career training programs. Most known for the Paralegal career training course, there are eight additional career courses in the Allied Health field that BCI also offers online. The Allied Health field is expected to add 2.4 million new jobs by 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This field also covers a multitude of careers from medical billing and coding to dental office assistant. The more advanced medical technology becomes, the more health care jobs become unique and specialized. Besides the growing need for health care professionals, this career field offers more benefits than most careers.
Why Allied Health is a Good Career Choice
- Job Security Employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 18 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services.
- Attractive salary: The median annual wage for healthcare practitioners and technical occupations 64,770 in May 2017, which was higher than the median annual wage. Healthcare support occupations (such as home health aides, occupational therapy assistants, and medical transcriptionists) had a median annual wage of $28,710 in May 2017. BCI offers training and certification in each of these careers.
- Rewarding/satisfying work: Working in an allied health field provides different degrees of support you can offer to patients. This field is for those who enjoy working with others towards improving someone’s current situation and sending them off better than they were when they came. This can be a very satisfying and rewarding experience. Both patients and clients work toward reaching a higher level of health/wellness and even you smaller efforts can be influential in a person’s health and outlook on their health.
How Can You Know BCI offers Quality and Value?
- Accredited Programs – Accreditation matters for many reasons: it assures you that the institution offers a quality education, operates on a sound financial basis, has approved programs of study, qualified instructors, adequate facilities and equipment, and approved recruitment and admissions policies. BCI is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission and regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools.
- Quality Curriculum is the foundation for all of our career programs. The Blackstone faculty and staff continuously review, update, and edit our relevant educational programs for accuracy and maintain our electronic databases.
- Impeccable Reputation Blackstone provides career training with the distinction of being one of the first distance education training schools in the country. Our continued success is a result of our students’ eagerness to learn, our quality programs, and the dedicated faculty and staff who support our mission.
- Student Services Blackstone’s staff, instructors, development and support members work under the guidance of a skilled administration that has student satisfaction and course quality as its primary goals. BCI is a Better Business Bureau accredited business with a BBB Rating of A+.
- Staff: Faculty members are leaders in their field, and the Blackstone staff has many years of experience in distance education. All of the staff, instructors and development team work under the guidance of a skilled administration that has student satisfaction and course quality as its primary goals.
- Student success stories:
97% of our students would recommend their program to a friend.
96% of our students have achieved their learning goals
94% of our students are completely satisfied with the studies they received
At Blackstone Career Institute, nothing makes us happier than hearing how our training programs and continuing education courses are making a positive impact in the lives of our students and graduates. Read what some of them have to say about our programs!
Allied Health Course BCI Offers:
Medical Billing & Coding – Blackstone’s Medical Billing and Coding online courses offer you comprehensive training including a working knowledge in ICD10‐CM, Medisoft V19, HCPCS II, and provides you with exclusive access to the Optum360 Encoder Pro Expert online coding resource. Gain the practical knowledge needed to process medical claims using the correct diagnostic and treatment codes.
Graduates of Blackstone’s Medical Billing and Coding online courses are qualified to sit for the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam administered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) exam from the American Billing Association (AMBA), and the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Pharmacy Technician – Blackstone Career Institute’s online Pharmacy Technician Training certificate offers the quality education needed to secure a rewarding job in this respected field. Our Pharmacy Technician training online education program includes a working knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology, pharmacy calculations, pharmacology, body systems and disorders, ethics, and professionalism.
Graduates of Blackstone Career Institute’s Pharmacy Technician Training online course are qualified to sit for the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) sponsored by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), and the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Dental Office Assistant – Blackstone’s online dental office assistant certificate training offers the working knowledge and skills needed to run a dental office smoothly. Our dental office assistant program provides you with the latest information on operating a dental office and preparing you for the various tasks an administrative dental assistant may encounter. For example, students will learn up-to-date CDT-5 Dental Codes, new HIPAA and OSHA guidelines, along with practice administrative procedures such as entering patient data, posting payments and scheduling appointments.
Graduates of Blackstone’s administrative dental assistant training program are eligible to sit for certification through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), along with two years of full-time or four years part-time as a dental assistant, and a CPR certification.
Medical Office Assistant – Medical office assistant training from Blackstone Career Institute course offers you the quality education needed to prepare for a fulfilling career in this flexible and highly popular employment field. Our medical office assistant training offers a working knowledge in real-world administrative skills, including an online simulated practice program using the same software used in most medical offices.
Graduates of Blackstone Career Institute’s Medical Office Assistant training program are qualified to sit for the National Certified Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA) exam administered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Certification provides further assurance of skills and knowledge to employers.
Medical Transcription – Blackstone’s online Medical Transcription Career Training offers the quality education needed to secure a rewarding job in this popular healthcare field. Master medical transcription practice using modern transcription equipment. Gain a working knowledge of medical terminology, medical diagnoses, and laboratory procedures. Receive online access to BenchMark KB, the AHDI Book of Style, Quick Look Drug Book, and medical abbreviations.
Graduates of Blackstone‘s Medical Transcription training program are qualified to sit for the Registered Healthcare Documentation Specialist (RHDS) exam, administered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) and after gaining work experience the Certified Healthcare Documentation Specialist (CHDS) exam offered by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI).
To get started in one of Blackstone’s career training programs for an in-demand allied health position, you can enroll online from anywhere and at any time! Open enrollment and self-paced online career programs allow you to pick your own enrollment date and set your own graduation goals. For more information, call our Admissions Advisor, Chris, at 800-826-9228 ext. 222.